This history of “The Greenville National Bank” dates back to 1876 when it was originally chartered by the State of Ohio; then as a national bank in 1903. The bank was reorganized in 1934 as Greenville National Bank.
The local economy and farm community has always been an integral part of the bank’s history as soil tests were made available for local farmers beginning in 1948 and maintaining valuable relationships with the agri-business customer is an important part of the over-all success today.
Greenville National Bank pioneered the bank credit card program in Greenville and Darke County in April, 1969 with the introduction of BankAmericard (now Visa).
The following is a timeline when other branches were opened.
- Gettysburg Branch was opened in 1943.
- Sycamore Branch was opened in 1967.
- Northtown Branch was opened in 1975.
- Ansonia Branch was opened on April 12, 1976, formerly known as The Citizens Bank Company of Ansonia.
- Arcanum Branch was purchased on October 1, 1985 formerly known as Arcanum National Bank.
- Bradford Branch opened inside Patty’s IGA on October 4, 2005; and a full service branch was built and opened May 21, 2007.
It has always been important to provide current products and services and keep abreast with technology trends in the industry. Internet Banking and Bill Pay were introduced in 2004 and online mortgage applications in 2009.
Greenville National Bank continues to market safe and secure deposit and loan products.